Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

Dave Liquorice wrote:

I thought the companies had a legal obligation to read every six
months, that's certianly how often we see our the meter readers. If
they haven't read for12 months they become quite persistent,
leaving cards and making appointments etc rather than just chancing
it.

I usually make them wait several years at a time, eventually they do
insist (as they are legally allowed to) on a visit, this time it
coincided with them offering the smartmeters, so I decided if I was
staying home for them, they might as well fit new meters rather then
just read the old ones, electric had never been replaced before in the
22 years I've lived here, gas was changed 6 years ago.