Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:50:29 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
wrote:

On Feb 18, 1:06*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:38:31 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

wrote:
On Feb 15, 11:55*am, Swingman wrote:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,50298&p=69055

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Sliding bevels are for copying or transferring angles.
Readout seems like a needless add on. *At least you'll
still be able to use it as a sliding bevel when the battery
dies. *General? *Hope it's more accurate than the
stamped out General 1/128" vernier caliper I bought
years ago.

You can take the digitally accurate angle and put it onto a miter saw
for a precise cut. *It's tougher and takes longer with a sliding
bevel. *You always nudge the slider with the miter blade while trying
to get the angle right. *DAMHIKT

How well is your miter saw set up?

blush You just reminded me to take it apart, clean it, and lube it
up while it's sitting idle this winter. But a loose one will do it,
too.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that