Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Jack wrote:

My digital calibers, calculator and Wixy angle gauge all go off
automatically. That didn't help my HF calibers though, that battery
was replaced in less than a year. It has the L44 and it came with an
extra battery, which I'm using now. It gets average use, maybe once
or twice a week at most.

My HF digital calipers seemed like they were eating batteries just sitting
on the shelf in the case. I thought that maybe the ON button was getting
hit while closing the case or something, but they have a timeout function
after a couple of minutes of no use, so that wasn't it. Throw a new battery
at it and it was fine - until it sat around again. So one day I took a
smart pill and decided to simply pull that battery and inspect for such
things as corrosion. Nope - none to be seen. Put the same battery back in
and it's been going strong for 2 years now. Although... I do have to pull
it and reseat it from time to time.

--

-Mike-