Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

On 2012-02-21, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[ ... ]

I had both, and about another dozen stolen from my shop. It would
cost about $1500 to replace them today. One of them was $541 the last
time I had the nerve to look.

Ouch! That hurts. Was the $541.00 one the one for punching a
cutout for a DB-25 connector by any chance? That was the most expensive
that I bought new. (Though the big ones for industrial conduit sizes
tend to be sickeningly expensive these days. :-)

It was a rectangular relay socket punch. I think it was for the P&B
KHP series, but I bought it almost 40 years ago.

That makes a big difference. Yes, it is the P&B -- the only
rectangular one which I know that they made. Several sizes of square,
however.

The price is really insane these days. It is perhaps almost
high enough so you might as well get a DiAcro turret press and the dies
for that. :-)

I balked at the $37.50
price at that time, when most of the other punches were in the $8
range. The meter punch I bought was about the same price,

Round, or rectangular?

but it was
used more than the relay punch. I also added the bearing drive screws
to all the larger punches, and they weren't cheap, either.

Yes, they make life a lot easier. These days, they have
hydraulic drivers for them -- if you have the money.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564