Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Digital Scales, Recalibration?

"RogerN" wrote in message

I found some big game scales online in the $30 range for 300lb
digital or 440 pound dial, I will probably get one of those for
tensioning my guy wires for the antenna tower. According to the
rules of thumb for my 1/8" wire rope I need to tension the guy wires
to 170lbs.

RogerN

The elderly British radar boffin who taught the ham radio class at
MITRE 'invited' us to his house to see his station and work on his
antenna. I'm pretty sure he said that the guy lines didn't have to be
tensioned, just the slack taken up.

jsw