Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default I must be getting better at WW...

On 2/22/2012 7:09 PM, Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Well, last night I prepared the following "bid" (pdf file on my web
site):
http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Well - I don't believe you should be charging for the drill bit Bill.
Owning or purchasing the necessary tools is just part of providing the
work.

You'll note that "what I charged for the work"--$22, is less than the
cost of the drill bit. Don't mistake me for someone really wants to do
this job--I've already had enough of it! ; )

I agree with you ... if you want to make a living in this business,
obviously the cost of your tools need to be paid out the work.

If I need a specific drill bit to do the work, it will most likely be
charged for accounting purposes as a direct cost to the specific job for
which it was necessary, rather than as an indirect cost, such as
supplies, and charged as overhead.

IME, you need to be careful how you handle these details ... that's
where the devil is.

YMMV ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com