Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default I must be getting better at WW...

On 2/22/2012 2:26 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 2/21/2012 9:34 PM, Bill wrote:

On her drawing she wrote for me to "save my receipts" (for
reimbursement). That almost feels insulting, but this is a good friend
of my wife's so I'll do a decent job. I know she meant well.

Won't you need to fill up your vehicle before going after materials?
Save you receipts! ;~)

Well, last night I prepared the following "bid" (pdf file on my web site):

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

And I left it on the counter for my wife to see (and maybe take to
work). But instead she wrote ***Nevermind*** on it, and, after talking
with her so far, she has a not so very understanding attitude about it.
My wife said she was thinking maybe $25 total, and so far, I'm the "bad
guy".

as usual, you're overthinking this. it's for a gym class. it's not fine
woodworking and won't sit on anyone's mantel for a keepsake.

2x6 piece of pine lumber
pine dowels
1" forstner bit from harbor fright
a couple dabs of wood glue
a bit of white paint for a finish

you could build this for under $15, including the bit, and would take
about 10 minutes.