Posted to alt.woodworking,free.uk.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Michael Joel Michael Joel is offline

Default How to repair warped table top?

Paul Conners wrote:
Sticks of wood (lumber). Usually they are used in stacked lumber to keep
the wood separated for air flow - and flat.

I did not mention that you would want a flat surface under the stickers.

Mike

Thank you Mike.

Three or four 2in x 2in sticks for a 36in x 48in table top?

It will be placed on a concrete slab apron in front of the garage. No cracks
or obvious defects in the slab.

Thanks.

Whatever will allow air movement and keep it basically flat (flat is
relative really - a wal-mart straight edge is "flat" - unless of course
you compare it to a $45.00 straight edge - which is more flat ).

Let me clarify (at the danger of possibly being accused of trying to
change tack) what I meant when you asked "concave moist side". I meant
yes - as in moist side that has dried. I did not mean simply the moist
side causes a cup - it would have been made moist while compression was
placed on it (i.e. the dry side) and then dry out (but it may also take
many many times of this before a cup is seen). Information that is only
needed if someone is interested - from books - and not even needed to be
mentioned to answer your OP - so I guess my headache was caused once
again be me

Mike