Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default I must be getting better at WW...

Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in :

*snip*

A Dewalt 1" drill bit (DW1629) is about $30. I will have to checkand
see whether that is in the budget.

Got a Lowe's around? (You probably do.) They've got a Porter Cable
Forstner set for $20 that includes a 1" bit. It's a pretty decent kit,
especially considering the price.

Puckdropper

Thank you for the tip! I suspect a Forstner bit may not leave as good of
a glueing surface as a twist drill, but maybe good enough. I'm not sure.
I have no experience using Forstner bits, and I'm only guessing.
Surely a lot better than a spade bit, which was my first alternative
choice!

The Porter-Cable set sounds like it would be a nice set to have. TYVM!

Bill