Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Joel Michael Joel is offline

Default How to repair warped table top?

Swingman wrote:
You don't want to argue because you were mistaken, charitably, either in
your wording, or your understanding.

And you are very mistaken in your contention that you "doubt anyone
knows for sure" ... a first semester, college level, Botany 101 class
would prove to you that this is well understood, and well documented
with empirical evidence.

For your future benefit, and so this ends on an instructive note, you
will certainly want to explore the definitive work on the matter:

http://www.amazon.com/UNDERSTANDING-.../dp/B000UQH160

Every woodworker can learn something from reading Hoadley, guaranteed.

See - that is why I get pulled back in. Because the logic is so illogical.

If I said I don't believe they really know what is happening - you say
take a "first semester, college level, Botany 101 class
would prove" - The only thing it would prove is they believe it. Very
circular thinking (as the "scientists" would say).

That will be the last think I desire to say on the subject to you. You
may continue to deride me if you like.

Mike