Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:58:50 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Tim wrote:
mick wrote:

Have you ever tried setting fire to diesel? It's almost impossible
to do by throwing lit fag ends and freshly struck matches into a tank
of it. They just go out. It won't burn until it's vapourised. Not
recommended that you try this with petrol though...
Actually, you can stub out a cigarette in petrol. Throwing a lighted
match
in petrol isn't recommended though if you're *not* expecting it to
light. ;-)
Tim

LIQUID petrol goes out, but petrol VAPOUR makes a nice fuel-air bomb.

I (almost) have the scars to show for that. Luckily I got the whole area
covered in cold water in seconds, and it only needed one A & R visit to
put on plastic skin...

That must be a record ...

LOL! Better than my comment...

--