Posted to uk.d-i-y
thirty-six thirty-six is offline

Default 6 ohm speakers - uprate to 8 ohm?

On Feb 22, 8:22*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
s.com, thirty-six scribeth thus

On Feb 22, 7:17*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
.com, thirty-six scribeth thus

On Feb 22, 6:09*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus

In article
,
* thirty-six wrote:
Normal conditions matter to choice of speaker wire not hypothetical no-
functioning conditions.

I've seen loudspeaker installations in some of the finest recording
studios in the country. Custom built regardless of cost. And never once
have I seen co-ax cable used for them.

Me neither..

A recording environment is a specific application, different from a
domestic installation. Radiated signals are minimised in the studio,
usually with screened twisted pair, an unecessary expense for
reproduction only. *The comparison is ill-founded.

Fer fecks sake stop digging a bigger hole!....

--
Tony Sayer

You've obviously a bigger spade.

Nope...

Time spent working at Rupert Neve, Audix broadcast, Pye TV transmitters
the BBC, Cambridge systems Tech (Audiolab)

and yourself, you in pro audio?..

--
Tony Sayer

Nope, I had some temporary contracts early on with ILR, theater and
band support alongside repair work but generally found that the
rewards were unrelated to effort and the lack of appreciation caused
me to abandon my quest for the ideal job.