Posted to uk.d-i-y
thirty-six thirty-six is offline

Default 6 ohm speakers - uprate to 8 ohm?

On Feb 22, 7:55*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
Where's this widely oscillating amplifier due to co-axial cable you
speak of?

Well in my design years, they tended to go up in a heap of smoke in less
than a second, *after knocking out teh hiome service on long wave.. fr a
couple of seconds :-)

so that's where they *went*.

Till I learnt how to isolate the expensive bits from the effect of
capacitors across the output.

It seems to me you were doing nothing but ****-stirring. *I've not
used any buzzwords intentionally, that's in your imagination and what
I have said is only in response. *It seems more likely you can't bear
the thought of being wrong and wasting £100 on speaker wire when some
salvaged co-ax would have done the job better. *Almond oil is useful
in getting the sand out of your ears, maybe after treatment you will
hear the difference.

Dear boy, my speaker wire such as it is, is T & E buried in the floor.
And then a bit of twin flex.

How precisely are you using the T&E?