Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to figure out a 3-way switch wiring?

On 02/21/2012 07:02 PM, wrote:
On Feb 21, 7:47 pm, Mark wrote:

[snip]

Isn't that a code violation since it results in the neutral
being switched? Definitely seems like a bad thing to
do. Doing it the above way, there could be power at
the light with the switch being off, leading to a nasty
surprise.

True, but I never said it was a safe way to do it. Just that it DOES
happen. I've seen one recently.

BTW, I also know of an electrician installing a 3-prong 240V outlet for
a dryer. That was a code violation too.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If Atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!" [Clark Adams]