Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave M.[_2_] Dave M.[_2_] is offline

Default Zennis diasppointing

Stormin,

Read about 1/2 of this thread. Here's what I understand. You have
bifocals. Your old prescription no longer works well. You have trouble
reading traffic signs, so it's "distance" vision that's giving you problems.
You go to your optometrist. He measures your eyes and prescribes weaker
distance vision. What?
Think about it. You can't see at a distance so he prescribes weaker
glasses. Doesn't make sense. Something is wrong here. It's hardly surprising
that the new glasses don't work.
Some illnesses, such as diabetes, can shrink and swell eyeballs thus
changing the ability to focus. Poorly fitted eyeglasses can also cause
problems.
likely the problem is not with the maker of the eyeglasses.
I'm betting that you bought the glasses on-line, took them out of the box
and slapped them on your face without any fitting or adjusting. That's a
real problem with on-line opticians.

Dave M.