Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

I have a paperless tape TI calculator that I have probably had 25~30
years, before my son was born, he will be 25 in August. When he was
2~3 years old he dumped countless "Coke's" on it and I have had to
disassemble and clean at least 3 times., but not in the last 20 years.
;~)

ANYWAY it runs on 4 AA batteries and I cannot remember changing the
batteries over 3 times.

I've got a solar/battery powered TI30. I doubt I'll have to change the
battery any time soon, but there's no need if the solar panels can
provide enough power to run it.

Conversely, my TI graphing calculators don't have solar panels and need
the battery changed a little more frequently. It depends on how much
they're used, though. In the 10 years I had my clearance TI80, I've only
needed to replace the batteries twice. I think I'm to 3 battery changes
with my TI89, but it did get used to do some serious number crunching.

I've got a digital caliper, OTOH, that's telling me the batteries need
replaced already. I bet it's been on for a grand total of 5 minutes
since I replaced the batteries.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.