Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Lathe questions

In answer to your question of what was the largest item that I made with
it, (the drill motor lathe) I offer the following links to pictures.

The first was every round part on the train model which is 3 feet long,
engine, wheels, etc.. Give time for the pictures to come into focus.
http://www.barr-family.com/wood/trains.htm

The next are several models, a John Deer Tractor, every round part. A
Bulldozer round parts, and a 1930 Dusenberg auto, all round parts
including the wheels.
http://www.barr-family.com/wood/models.htm

After those I went to a larger lathe, a Grizzly G0624 10 inch lathe.
These only show what can be done with the simplest of tools. I am not
saying that it is great work, but when there is limited funds, there is
still a way. godsword

Nice work! I especially love the train and the Dusenberg. It's about
making the best use of your tools, right? So if you used the
drill-lathe on those projects, it certainly worked and was worth it. I
have yet to try a project like one of those, but I love classic cars
and may just have to try making one.

Basically I'd like to have a small lathe that I can take with me to
various places. Lugging around a midi lathe is not practical for me. I
plan on taking a closer look at that drill-lathe. Thanks for the info
and photos. Keep up the great work.
`Casper