Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 6 ohm speakers - uprate to 8 ohm?

thirty-six wrote:

Where's this widely oscillating amplifier due to co-axial cable you
speak of?

Well in my design years, they tended to go up in a heap of smoke in less
than a second, after knocking out teh hiome service on long wave.. fr a
couple of seconds :-)

so that's where they *went*.

Till I learnt how to isolate the expensive bits from the effect of
capacitors across the output.

It seems to me you were doing nothing but ****-stirring. I've not
used any buzzwords intentionally, that's in your imagination and what
I have said is only in response. It seems more likely you can't bear
the thought of being wrong and wasting £100 on speaker wire when some
salvaged co-ax would have done the job better. Almond oil is useful
in getting the sand out of your ears, maybe after treatment you will
hear the difference.

Dear boy, my speaker wire such as it is, is T & E buried in the floor.
And then a bit of twin flex.