Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

" wrote in
:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:57:53 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:16:22 -0500, "
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:25:17 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:07:06 -0500, "
wrote:

Now you have me curious. Does a person drop their private health
care insurance when they go on Medicare? ( something I need to
check into )

Generally, the private insurance picks up (at least some of) the
premiums for Medicare.

Never heard of that. Are you talking about the "Advantage" plans?

I stated that poorly. I meant that employers, etc. generally pick up
these payments. My retirement does (don't know how much yet because
I'm still over five years from having to worry about it.

Gotcha. I have that kind of deal now. Retirement not only means a
drop in income, it also means an increase in outgo as the $600+ a
month will not longer be paid by my employer.

My retirement plan pays most of it (it's paying for my insurance now).

Medicare premiums for us are $100/person, supplemental is $200. All each
month. Supplemental is this "low" (up from $106/mo in 2010) because it's
subsidized by former employer.

--
Best regards
Han