Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2012-02-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Don, how are double-D holes made?

Greenlee makes, or made a double D punch to cut holes for standard
duplex outlets. They also had a 1/2" D punch for fuseholders.

Yes -- I have one of the latter -- along with a 15/32" keyed one
for toggle switch mounting.

[ ... ]

I had both, and about another dozen stolen from my shop. It would
cost about $1500 to replace them today. One of them was $541 the last
time I had the nerve to look.

Ouch! That hurts. Was the $541.00 one the one for punching a
cutout for a DB-25 connector by any chance? That was the most expensive
that I bought new. (Though the big ones for industrial conduit sizes
tend to be sickeningly expensive these days. :-)

It was a rectangular relay socket punch. I think it was for the P&B
KHP series, but I bought it almost 40 years ago. I balked at the $37.50
price at that time, when most of the other punches were in the $8
range. The meter punch I bought was about the same price, but it was
used more than the relay punch. I also added the bearing drive screws
to all the larger punches, and they weren't cheap, either.