Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:43:09 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

Such a strategy has its downside. Not just playing whack-a-mole with the
Royal Mail redirection, but until you've settled somewhere three years
getting credit is more tiresome.

The sort of people being discussed in that scenario will not *have* a
credit rating that needs protecting.

That's typecasting tenants a bit, isn't it?

We were discussing tenants who *you* stated were being forced to move
frequently because they were being harrassed by creditors. Thus that
is the subset of tenant I was referring to. Are people who are being
forced to move for that reason (a) likely to have a credit rating or
(b) likely to *want* mail from their creditors to be redirected?

I've moved twice in the last 18 months, and did not have any need to
get my mail redirected either time. I simply notified everyone who I
needed/wanted to be notified of my change of address, and have no
desire to receive mail from anyone else. How many people and
organisations communicate with you by snail-mail these days?

A hundred or so (plus Xmas cards).

If you are not going to communicate with a person before next
Christmas, I really don't see why you would want to receive their
Christmas card. If you need to impress visitors with how popular you
are, buy some cards yourself to hang up, or use last years' cards.
How many of your "hundred or so" people and organisations that you
claim communicate with you by snailmail (seems extrordinarily high) do
you actually *want* to receive mail from? To reach that figure, I
assume you are including all the junk mail you receive. Do you
*really* want the post office to redirect offers from double glazing
companies and book-of-the-month clubs?

But address these days isn't so much
to mail you things, but part of your online "identity". eg The address
you quote has to match the one they, or Experian or whatever, have for
you.

You will no doubt have informed your bank, utility companies and every
other organisation that you have current financial dealings with. The
change will filter through in due course. You could also inform the
two credit rating companies if it is something that is important to
you. When you order any goods via the mail from your new address, you
would update any address held by the mailorder company as a matter of
course. Untill then you will lose out on their marketing fliers - is
that a problem?

--
Cynic