Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
Hugh - Was Invisible Hugh - Was Invisible is offline

Default Joining motorways

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:23:20 -0000, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:29:01 -0000, Terry Casey
wrote:

The strange thing is, she is very good at pointing out any suggestion of
me attempting to drive on the left while we are away - sometimes,
particularly the first year or two we did it, with justification!

A few years ago there was a particularly nasty head-on collision not
too far from me, when a visiting Yank had pulled out of a narrow side
road and adopted his habitual position on the road. You'd think the
fact that he was driving a hire car with the steering wheel on the
correct side for here would have been sufficient reminder, but no. He
paid the price, as did the driver and passengers of the car he
collided with.

Used to get the odd nasty head-on near US bases in Suffolk. When faced
with oncoming lights instinct was to swerve right.