Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

On Feb 22, 10:39*am, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote:
On 22/02/2012 10:29, Andy Burns wrote:

My previous diesel (Honda 2.2) would give a cloud of black smoke if you
suddenly hoofed it e.g. getting to speed up a motorway on-ramp. Current
car (Audi 3.0) has a DPF and I've *never* seen so much as a wisp of
smoke from it ... though, yes I've heard the horror stories of expensive
replacements being required ... will have to see about that if it comes
to it.

There you go again see... all a DPF does is store your soot from
pootling around waiting for you to get on the motorway and drive to
somon elses neck of the woods whereby the engine will throw unburned
fuel into the DPF to "clean" it out or more accurately create far more
pollution than a car without a DPF.

knobheads++