Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default 8 hundred and 92 knobheads

On Feb 22, 10:29*am, Andy Burns wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I always wonder at the mentality of those who deride pollution free
vehicles and still think that choking, smoking diesels are OK

My previous diesel (Honda 2.2) would give a cloud of black smoke if you
suddenly hoofed it e.g. getting to speed up a motorway on-ramp. Current
car (Audi 3.0) has a DPF and I've *never* seen so much as a wisp of
smoke from it ... though, yes I've heard the horror stories of expensive
replacements being required ... will have to see about that if it comes
to it.

The former is the EGR system. Expensive as well, but not as eye
watering as the DPF can be. Apparently there is a place in london that
will drill a sodding great hole through the DPF and remap the engine
as a "bodge".

My next car will not be a diesel.

MBQ