Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Whitney Houston: Town ignored order to fly flags at half-staff

On Feb 21, 10:51*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:44:38 -0800 (PST), Tater Gumfries

wrote:
On Feb 21, 11:05*am, "Joe" wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...na-nn-whitney-
houston-flag-protest-20120220,0,2349928.story

As singer Whitney Houston was laid to rest last weekend,
municipalities across New Jersey lowered their flags to half-
staff, a salute to a native daughter who, as Gov. Chris Christie
put it, made significant cultural contributions to her home
state.

“For those people who say, 'I don't think she deserves it,' I
say to them, ‘I understand that you don't think that. I do, and
it's my executive order,’” Christie, a Republican, said last
week.

At least one town, however, ignored the governor’s executive
order.

It ought to be up to the locals.

It's not. It's state law.

--
Ed Huntress-

I have no particular feelings about this matter one way or another,
but we didn't lower the flags for Jimi Hendrix or Marvin Isley...

In my house, we refer to Christie as "that fat **** in Trenton."

Just sayin'