Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Zennis diasppointing

Bifocal doesn't do anything for distance. Bifocal means that there is a
smaller section of lens, usually down and towards the center. The smaller
section provides a different focus, for doing close work like reading,
working on the work bench, or other close vision needs.

It turns out that my new prescription (yes, I went to an eye doctor) is
milder than my old one. When the eye doctor had me dialed in, at the
machine, my "reading signs" vision was very good. The new glasses don't seem
to be the correction I requested.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dpb" wrote in message ...

Don't know what you thought the bifocal would do for distance--if you
sent the same correction as you already had; well you got the same
correction back.

If your distance vision isn't corrected enough, you need stronger lenses
in the far portion, not the bifocal for such tasks as driving.

As others say, sounds as though you need a real examination; possibly an
opthamologist rather than just an optician/optometrist to find any
serious problems other than simply aging...