Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Zennis diasppointing

On 2/21/2012 4:59 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I took my Zennis out for a drive. There is fading daylight, but plenty
enough to see. The bifocals I bought for "daily wear" are not strong
enough to read street signs. Each time I'd had to buy new glasses,
it was because I could not read street signs. I'd have to get close,
a couple car lengths from the sign, before it was in focuss. Well,
guess what, that's exactly what these glasses do. Not enough
correction for me to read street signs.

Don't know what you thought the bifocal would do for distance--if you
sent the same correction as you already had; well you got the same
correction back.

If your distance vision isn't corrected enough, you need stronger lenses
in the far portion, not the bifocal for such tasks as driving.

As others say, sounds as though you need a real examination; possibly an
opthamologist rather than just an optician/optometrist to find any
serious problems other than simply aging...