Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lacquering metals

Michael Joel wrote:

As I said before, still learing and getting experience with that
actual use of the things I've been reading about, so forgive me asking
if this has an obvious answer - what are you referring to as clear
coat? I do not recall hearing any particular finish just called clear
coat.

Sorry Mike - automotive clear coat - the stuff that is on your car. It's a
urethane and is a catalytic finish. Very nasty stuff - very nasty
(isocyanate), so you do not want to breath it in at all. If you can smell
it, you are hurting yourself. But - it's one hell of a finish. Best left
to those with the right equipment and protective resources. My protective
gear costs more than the shop equipment some of us have in this forum -
because that's the level of protection you need to shoot this stuff.

As I said in my previous reply - you would be best to take your pedals to a
body shop and ask them to just clear them for you. Probably would not even
cost that much since they'd probably just do it while they were painting a
car.

--

-Mike-