Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Lacquering metals

Also - these items generally lose their plating - pedals especially. I
have thought of trying to color them back by applying a colored finish
(I doubt most customers would be willing to pay the expense of true
replating). Opinions on this?

Thanks
Mike- Hide quoted text -

I have no idea of the expense of replating, but I would suggest you
speak with your local Harley motorcycle guy/expert about replating.
Those guys replate their chrome parts and custom made parts. Those
replating guys are already be set up for replating small parts. I
would think they would know something, to lead you to a correct answer
or source for replating your piano petals.... appropriate estimates,
etc. They might even know something about applying a clearcoat finish
onto metal.

Sonny