Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/21/2012 11:56 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 2/21/2012 11:46 AM, Hawke wrote:
On 2/19/2012 6:36 PM, wrote:
On Feb 19, 6:43 pm, wrote:

Many more agree. That's why we have the occupy movement and why people
are always talking about the 1% these days. It's because everybody
knows
now that what we have is not fair. It may seem fair to the 1% but
not to
the 99%. I tend to believe what the 99% say. What about you? Do you
agree with the 1% that they don't have too much of the country's
wealth?

Hawke

I think most people believe that those that put in real effort to get
money such as actually studying in high school and then going to
college to prepare themselves for a good job deserve to make more
money than those that slide through high school and do not go to
college.

Dan

Wake up, man! We're talking about real wealth here and who has it. Let's
take two examples of real wealth. The two Koch brothers are worth 20
billion a piece minimum. They inherited that money.

They did not. They took their father's reasonably successful company and
grew it phenomenally. They earned their fortunes by being smart and
working hard.

And by inheriting the country's largest private energy company to start
with. Funny how you downplay ever example of inherited wealth and make a
mountain out of the work when it's the inherited wealth that makes all
the difference most of the time. How many of the Waltons made the money
compared to how many got it for nothing?

Hawke