Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default O T: Kenwood Hi-Fi System Help ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"the_constructor" wrote in message
o.uk...

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ,
the_constructor writes
I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is old and yes it does
work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player

These are the parts included:
All Kenwood
T-85L Tuner
DP-950 CD player
GE-850 Graphic equaliser
A-85 Amplifier

I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to
link
the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the
amp
sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.

I have, tucked away upstairs, a similar system I bought in Indonesia 25
years ago.; The amp is an A-45 , but, I presume more or less the same.
It has both power and control cables linking the tuner, amp and GE
modules

I'll take a look tomorrow

--
geoff

Many thanks Geoff. Look forward to hearing from you soon

Jim G

I seem to recall that the control cable is basically a set of loop-through
3.5 mm jack to 3.5 mm jack. I used to repair a lot of these systems for a
company some years back, and I have it amongst the cobwebs of my mind,
that these systems are very critical of the 'order' in which the
individual items are bussed. I'm thinking particularly of the graphic and
tape deck, which I seem to recall are particularly 'strange' in the way
that they interconnect. If you don't get everything right, the remote
control doesn't work. I remember keeping a copy of the user manual filed
away, with a hand-drawn diagram of my own, so odd was it. If you have any
issues with getting it all to work, shout me direct, or on here, and I'll
see if I can fish out the diagrams, as I'm sure I must still have them.

Arfa

Arfa, the lead has a rectangular plug on the end with, in the middle, what
looks like 3 pins in a 13amp plug configuration, but not as big and the
holes are round about 1mm
Jim G