Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.people.silversurfers

Default Joining motorways

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:30:12 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson wrote:

No, it's the other way around in the US; they don't stop at roundabouts,
even when there are vehicles already occupying them. And they don't use
indicators. Ever.

That's probably due to the panic of coming across a "traffic circle"
instead of a plain ordinary cross roads with or without lights or the
"4 way stop". A good few years back I came across a roundabout in
Florida, never seen so many signs and instructions on how to use it.
B-)

And they drive around them the wrong way, which is a most surreal
experience the first time you have to do it. :-)

Agreed *very* loud alarm bells sounding off in your head. Mind you
there are several roundabouts in the UK that you go the wrong way
round as well, normal known as "magic roundabouts", I first came a
cross the one in Swindon before I knew they existed. I think it's
fair to say I richoceted out of it rather than negociated it, at
least I didn't find the cul-de-sac. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.