Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen Gary A. Gorgen is offline

Default discover

On 2012-02-20, Gary A. wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

I had a keyboard (originally from a Tektronix Silent-700 terminal

Texas Instruments made the Silent-700 line of terminals. I think I
still have one around here.

I have 2 rolls of paper for Silent-700, still in the black
plastic bags.

And what color is the paper by now? :-) Unless it was stored in
a cool environment the whole time, it is likely too dark to use. :-)
After all, the printing was done by flashing it with heat. That is what
made it "silent" compared to the mechanical marvel which was the ASR-33
Teletype. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

I'm sure they have deteriorated, by now. ( 40 yrs. )
I think the mechanical marvel is the model 35 Teletype.

One of the jobs I had at Tymshare, was evaluating terminals.
I had just about everything that could put characters on paper. :-)
Most were preproduction or prototypes.
There was a lot of strange terminals in the late 60's, early 70's.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"