Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In message 4f43b57f.16838437@localhost, at 15:21:38 on Tue, 21 Feb
2012, Cynic remarked:
In which case they would probably benefit from moving to a place with
a more reasonable landlord, as much of a pain as it will be.

Such a strategy has its downside. Not just playing whack-a-mole with the
Royal Mail redirection, but until you've settled somewhere three years
getting credit is more tiresome.

The sort of people being discussed in that scenario will not *have* a
credit rating that needs protecting.

That's typecasting tenants a bit, isn't it?

I've moved twice in the last 18 months, and did not have any need to
get my mail redirected either time. I simply notified everyone who I
needed/wanted to be notified of my change of address, and have no
desire to receive mail from anyone else. How many people and
organisations communicate with you by snail-mail these days?

A hundred or so (plus Xmas cards). But address these days isn't so much
to mail you things, but part of your online "identity". eg The address
you quote has to match the one they, or Experian or whatever, have for
you.
--
Roland Perry