Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Storing Potable Water ..

With modern mains water supplies and covered insect proof tanks I
don't think there is any problem at all with stored water. If the
water was from a well or spring I'd filter and UV treat it before
storeage but you'd do that even if using direct.

--
Cheers
Dave.

We had spring water in our last house for 18 years. It had minute
shrimps in it 1-2cm long. I had a filter to cathc those and small
pieces of grit that blocked the ballcock. ?Thast was all we did and it
was fine - no ill-effects. Our neighbour who is 89 is going strong and
she drank it for 50 years.

Jonathan
han