Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:11:13 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 2/20/2012 7:40 AM, bob haller wrote:

wrote:
I was one that paid SS for 40 years. My return would have been double
had I put it into a 401k.

If so, you will be among the few. Even the trustees of SS admit in their
annual reports. Most make less than 2-3% return on their investments,
most minorities (because they tend to die earlier) actually have a
negative ROI.

when the stock market took a dive
can you imagine if peoples SS benefits were suddenly cut by 1/3 rd

fortunately this lan of bush didnt get approved.......

I disagree.
My 401k was hardly touched because 85% is in fixed investments.
I did have a coworker that retired, converted his 401k, paid the taxes
and proceeded to lose 90% of the remainder.
The stupid will always be with us, safety net or no.

Mine have increased every year since 2001. Not a lot (a little more than 6%
last year) but not one lost quarter.