Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:23:27 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:36:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:02:42 -0500, "
wrote:

In my case I paid 7.5% of pay into my pension. Paid no SS for 25
years, retired at 50. My SS will be based on the basic 40 QTR
contributions. I think I made out :-\

Yep. It's those who have put in the maximum for forty or fifty years who get
screwed.

And when you hit 65, you have to go on Medicare and pay premiums in
addition to the payroll deduction.

Now you have me curious. Does a person drop their private health care
insurance when they go on Medicare? ( something I need to check into )

Generally, the private insurance picks up (at least some of) the premiums for
Medicare.