Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Round frames on router table

This is my setup for making round art frames for some of my wife's glasswork.
I'm trying a new design with the grain flowing radially instead of
circumferentially, all to avoid chip out and other routing challenges .

Picture 1 is the walnut frame after glue up (radial grain), and an oak frame,
both before routing

Picture 2 shows my circle jig mounted on the router table. The 1/2" pin
provides the pivot point for the wood frame.

Picture 3 shows the frame, double side taped to a square of hardboard acting
as a hub. This is mounted on the jig, ready for cutting.

Next up is a close up of the end grain after a quick trim. I was worried
about tear out and if I also needed to 'climb cut' this new design. Turns out
a standard direction of feed works nicely.

Last photo: Both the inside and outside diameters have been cut. Next step is
to cut a dado/groove recess for the artwork and back panel.

Attached Thumbnails
Round frames on router table-img_3712-jpg