Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:25:42 -0500, Notat Home wrote:

How does being a vet entitle you to more social security?

I have a reference somewhere, a specific publication from SSA. I'll
have to find it.

From SSA:

If your active military service occurred

• From 1957 through 1967, we will add the extra credits to your
record when you apply for Social Security benefits.

: This requires that you submit your DD-214 when you apply)

• From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive
these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your
record.

• After 2001, there are no special extra earnings credits for military
service

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retire2/military.htm