Posted to alt.home.repair
Notat Home Notat Home is offline

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

bob haller wrote:

wrote:
I was one that paid SS for 40 years. My return would have been double
had I put it into a 401k.

If so, you will be among the few. Even the trustees of SS admit in their
annual reports. Most make less than 2-3% return on their investments,
most minorities (because they tend to die earlier) actually have a
negative ROI.

when the stock market took a dive
can you imagine if peoples SS benefits were suddenly cut by 1/3 rd

fortunately this lan of bush didnt get approved.......

Many people think this, but the facts are, even given an occasional
dive, stocks return more than iou's from congress. In a dive, you are
only hurt if you bail out. If you hold onto your stocks, they recover.
I have an IRA and some investments. Since I didn't need the money, I
kept it invested, and I am now ahead of where I was when the market
crashed. The only "loss" I experienced was when some CDs matured, and
the new rates were so low it didn't make sense to tie up the money in
CDs. That low interest is what social security is earning under the
present scheme.

How does being a vet entitle you to more social security?