Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Routing end grain?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:51:02 -0700, Leon wrote
(in article ):

Snip

I just looked at your pictures of what you are doing, Looks like the
perfect job for a disk sander with a circle jig.

I agree (if I had one). It wouldn't touch the inside but it would be perfect
for the OD cleanup.
I did try a sanding drum on the drill press with a similar jig and that
worked sorta ok (got a small groove where the drum first makes contact).

A disk sander is on my wish list, but not anytime soon due to limited space,
etc. I might consider a sanding disk 'blade' for the table saw however.
Making a jig to allow for fine tuned feeding would be somewhat complex but
worth it since I will probably be making dozens of these frames in various
sizes over the next year.

-BR