Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Jones[_4_] Graham Jones[_4_] is offline

Default reduce diameter of broom handle to fit broom head

On Feb 20, 12:22*pm, wrote:
The broom handle has broken near the head.

I want to cut the broken bit of the handle and refit the head

The original handle was reduced in diameter at the end to fit the hole
in the broom head.

The fitting on the head is plastic *so can't make hole bigger

I need to reduce the diameter of the handle along a length of 2" to
fit into head. It needs to be uniform for a good fit.

I have no lathe.

I've tried to do this before using a table saw *tuning the handle held
against the mitre gauge *against the blade.

It sort of works but it really needs a jig of some sort to be safe and
accurate.

Any body got any good ideas other than buy a new broom ?

Chris

Buy a new broom, life's to short!