Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal bandsaw tracking

fired this volley in
:

Nothing I do seems to make a difference - they are
always powdery!

Mike, the only thing that can be affecting the tracking is (by your
experiments) the tracking of the drive or driven wheels. I would assume
that one or the other is canted slightly off-track -- perhaps by bearing
wear.

As far as the chips go; have you tried a coarser blade? There's a limit
to what an 18-tooth band can do! G

Increasing the weight on the blade can make the chips longer, too, but
can't do anything about the teeth-per-inch issue.

LLoyd