Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

Hawke wrote:

On 2/17/2012 2:16 PM, jk wrote:

If you were actually well informed and knowledgeable then you would
see why things are done the way they are, and that they are indeed
fair. And you would also understand (as pointed out before) that 1/2 =
1/2 no matter how much you call it unfair.

It depends on how I am using the word fair. In a moral sense is it fair
that 1/2 are rich and 1/2 are poor? That would be no.

But you claim to be the big champion of fairness, so why haven't you
given ALL your money to those with less than you. Its the moral thing
to do, according to you.

You haven't, so by your own definition, you are being immoral.

But the ONLY way for that NOT to be the case would be if everyone had
the EXACT same things. Same living space, same TV, Same car, same
food, same clothes, every thing, heck we all even have to have the
same name. Oh heck we all have to have the same genes, and same
influences growing up. We all have to be educated the exact same way,
and get the exact same grades. Can't have sports, because having
winners and losers is immoral too.

So unless this is your idea of a "moral" world, I reject your concept
of "some people having more than others as being immoral" as absurd.

Those who want to take your valuables and in return give you nothing are
thieves. Okay, we've both made pretty much true statements about those
who take without giving back. So what does that have to do with
anything?

It has to do with everything., but you will never see it.

Because I see that taking from one person against their will, and
giving it to another, in the misguided effort to make them exactly
equal is wrong, and you seem to think it is a laudable goal.

If you are implying that the lower classes in America are
guilty of what you said then you see the poor as thieves.

I don't agree that we have a "lower" class, apparently you do. How
superior of you. I do see that we have a ruling class however.

So according to you we do have a ruling class but we don't have a lower
class. How about a middle class? Do we have one of those? How about the
working class? do we have one of those? I'm sorry to break you the news
but America is a class society and always has been. Even you admit to
some classes so there you go, the only difference is you see less
classes than others do. Others who know more about it than you.

Due to your reading comprehension issues I will reiterate.
I reject your use and intent, in the use of the word "lower".

Not that I agree that we are a "class society" in the same sense that
England has been, and continues to be, or that India has been and
continues to be

The problem
with that is you assume that is a fact but you have no evidence to
support your assumption.

The problem is not only that you assume, but you maintain the
assumption even in the face of contrary evidence.

Your problem is that you are not presenting any evidence that anything
I've said is demonstrably wrong or is incorrect. Show me some proof I am
wrong. Your opinions are proof of nothing.

Bull ****, and your own words about even you knowing some one who
violated a rule you set up [ALL people with belief X having Religion
C]
is in itself sufficient.

If you knew more about the reality of our
economy, our government, and how they work you would not simply recite
the words you hear from other people who are also misinformed.

You know nothing about what I know about any of the above, and yet
assume I know little or nothing. You claim to know much, and
understand more.

It's simple. When I hear you say things that I've just heard Rush
Limbaugh say on his show that morning it's pretty easy to conclude where
you got it from.

And you would be wrong, on those few occasions I have listened to the
junkie, I didn't find him particularly entertaining. As I said else
where When I originally heard him, I thought he was a comedian who
never reached the punch line.

I listen to what people on the right say all the time.

But It would appear from your statements, that you do so with a closed
mind.
I'm a political junky. So when you say the same things what am I
supposed to think?

Unlike you, I am not going to tell you what you should think.
I would rather that you ACTUALLY think, rather than parroting a line
of blather from the winged nutcase you follow.

You saying the same exact things are just
coincidental? Come off it. You think what you are saying is original?
I've heard it before.

You seem to have the classic "mind like a steel trap".
Slams shut at the slightest touch, hard to get open, destroys what it
does grasp in it's teeth, and everything falls out the sides.

Your mind seems to be one that makes judgments without evidence.

You seem to be quite good at that.
Since you know what I know on so many subjects.

Please tell me where I stand on these issues.
Abortion
The environment
Global Warming
Patriot Act
Nuclear Power
Decriminalization of Pot.
The peace corps
Complete Legalization of Pot.
NASA
The first gulf war
Space Travel in General
Nanotechnology
PBS/NPR
The War in Afghanistan
The second gulf war
Foreign Aid

I've seen nothing.

That is hard to do with your eyes closed.

jk