Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default OT -- keeping old floppy disks

My iozip died - "hiss of death" mangled the disks.

Makes me distrust any media.

I got a lot of PCSIG 5.25" floppies in the basement. My first DOS machine
was MS-DOS-Generic (no bit map) so I couldn't trust software. Ironically
MicroSoft (before IBM body snatched them during the OS2 deal and turned them
into FUD promoters) once promised all their stuff was MSDOS Generic and I had
bought MultiPlan which ran well.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm