Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

On 2/17/2012 4:49 PM, Red Green wrote:
OT but bet it's of interest to many in this group.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strate...-benefits.html

The math is not that difficult.
The problem is predicting the future.
Even if you KNOW how long you're gonna live,
you don't know what the politicians are gonna do to your
benefits, how they're gonna tax 'em, when they're gonna do it and
whether it applies
to those already receiving benefits or just to those who apply
later.
And it's gonna be such a sudden "surprise" that you won't be able
to do anything about it.

My best investment is the 8% SS benefit increase each year...assuming
it's still there when I apply for it...I'm not optimistic. All the math
scenarios in the world can't predict that.

Given the current state and politician's inability to do anything at all,
somebody's gonna get screwed when it hits the fan.