Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default OT -- keeping old floppy disks

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I've got about 200 or so old A drive, 1.44 MB floppy disks. Some day,
I'll set up a reader, and copy all the data onto a drive, flash drive,
or burn it all the a DVD.

Is there any reason to keep the old floppies? Or should I pitch em
out?

What's the point in keeping them? When was the last time you saw a new computer with a diskette
drive?

Depending on what's stored on them, though, you might want to either securely erase them, or
physically destroy them, instead of just putting them in the trash -- any sort of financial data, medical
records, other personal information, plans for building nuclear warheads, etc.