IMM

Default Baxi boiler overheat

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:26:32 +0000, Antony wrote:

I've just moved into a 2 year old house and have discovered that the

boiler
seems to be playing up. It's a Baxi Solo 3 40 PF.

The problem is that the overheat light keeps coming on. The boiler
thermostat is set to maximum but I'm sure I read that this is the
recommended setting.

Any recommendations for things to try?

It is possible that either the normal thermostat or the cut-out has
drifted out of calibration. Try a lower heat setting as a temporary fix
and see if this improves matters.

You should run the boiler at the lowest setting that heats the house and
water typically this is a middling setting most of the time. A low setting
can cause the HW to not be hot enough.

It should be run as hot as possible to prevent condensation occurring in the
burner box. I don't know why non-condensing boilers have variable setting
boiler stats. Some users have them on far too low and rot their boilers
away.

---