Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default O T: Kenwood Hi-Fi System Help ?

On 19/02/2012 21:28, geoff wrote:
In message ,
the_constructor writes
I have been given a Kenwood Hi-Fi system. Yes it is old and yes it does
work, well partly anyway. Amp with CD player

These are the parts included:
All Kenwood
T-85L Tuner
DP-950 CD player
GE-850 Graphic equaliser
A-85 Amplifier

I have been informed by a chap on eBay that I need a special cable to
link
the Tuner and the Graphic Equaliser to the amplifier. Apparently the amp
sends control cables to the other parts in order to switch them on etc.

I have, tucked away upstairs, a similar system I bought in Indonesia 25
years ago.; The amp is an A-45 , but, I presume more or less the same.
It has both power and control cables linking the tuner, amp and GE modules

I'll take a look tomorrow

A quick google image search found this for the A-85. Note socket bottom
right labelled T-85.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/pict2140jpg.jpg/

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attac...8112009050.jpg

And above for the A-82. Similar connector, labelled as a power connector
- and also separate control connections. I don't see the latter in the
T-85 picture unless they are off-photo.... so it's integrated as
suggested by the OP.

Of course, a service manual will be on the webs somewere to reveal all.
It's an illusive thing at present, mouse is complaining of too much wiggle.

--
Adrian C