Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
? ?
? ? I agree. It is a statement from someone who has not spent any time with
? ? modern CNC equipment and CAD/CAM systems. My little hobby projects
? ? routinely have G-code over 1,200 lines, some vastly more.
?
? You're right, and I don't want to learn yet another programing
? language. Most days my close vison is nearly useless, so that I can't
? spend hours staring at a monitor to write software, or design complex
? mechanical parts.

Sorry to hear that

?
? Since the machine is over 1000 miles away, it's all rather pointless
? for so many of you to keep harping on how I should do things.

You're the one harping on us how we should revive the antique control
and live with it's tremendous limitations rather than upgrade it to a
modern control.

I'm not suggesting that method is for someone else. I simply stated
that I could make it work, and with what little use it would get, It
wouldn't make financial sense to tie up that much cash.

At any rate, in April or so I will be doing another cross country trip
up to the frozen northeast, and before I go I will search around to see
if there is a similarly good deal along the way I can pickup to retrofit
for my shop.